• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KillerSOS

Best Free Modeler Like 3d Max Studio?

This topic is 4176 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for the best free modeler that works like 3d Max. I am just a poor teenager who has to spend most of his cash on gas and stuff like that so I am on a short budget. It would also be awesome if you would provide a link to their homepage =) Thanks, KillerSOS

Advertisement
XSI Mod Tool is probably the closest thing to Max. It isn't really all that similar, but the alternatives are somewhat more off the wall.

Quote:
Original post by KillerSOS
I am looking for the best free modeler that works like 3d Max. I am just a poor teenager who has to spend most of his cash on gas and stuff like that so I am on a short budget. It would also be awesome if you would provide a link to their homepage =)

Thanks,

KillerSOS

Well, I know some good 3D Modellers that are good, but I'm not sure if they're just like 3D Max, for I too am I a poor teenager who spends most of his money on gas and college; However, I have compiled a list for you of what I think are good 3D Modelling programs that you might find useful.

Wings 3D Home page
Blender 3D Home page
Delgine 3D Editor

Out of those three my preference is Blender3D but that is only because I have worked in it longer than the rest. All of the above is freeware, so download them tonight.

Good Luck with your research, hope I have helped some.

i think autodesk's maya personal learning edition is still free.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7639525

I'm not sure what your looking for in a modeller, but GMax is basically a watered-down version of 3D Studio Max. Its kinda outdated, but it could be useful for what you wanna do.

You can find it over at: http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

Can you export models from Maya PLE? I think that option has been removed in PLE, but not sure, so long since I last used it. And does it still have the watermarks in the viewport?

If you are interested in 3d design I recoment taking a look at Zbrush. Its not that exspencie and can create amazing stuff :)

Quote:
Original post by h3ro
Can you export models from Maya PLE? I think that option has been removed in PLE, but not sure, so long since I last used it. And does it still have the watermarks in the viewport?

No to export and yes to watermarks. Maya PLE is useless except as a tool to learn Maya.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!