• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Andy_s

Font Outline

This topic is 4171 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Please can anyone help. I would like to display some text with just a font outline. I have done this before with VB6 and GDI fillpath and fillstroke but now I have a .NET application that uses directx to show a background image and I want to put text over it that has a outline. (i.e. text with a blue border and yellow fill) I have been told I only have 2 options by someone on another forum... 1) Use GDI and draw plain old GDI style outlines on a surface that's compatible with a DC. 2) Use GDI GetGlyphOutlines to obtain the parametric curve data for a glyph directly from the TrueType font and then use this to create geometry. Any chance anyone can help more as I am quite new to directx - an example of method 1 would be great. Method 2 seems too complicated. I currently have a Device that I use getBackBuffer to get a surface and display a background image and then I create a text sprite and display writing with drawtext. Can I use the surface, is it compatible with a DC? Has anyone got any other suggestions? Thanks Andy

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!