Omg my first title is out!

Started by
12 comments, last by Jimmy Valavanis 16 years, 11 months ago
Heatseeker (PS2, Wii), the first commercial title I've worked on is finally out! ego_boost++ http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/heatseeker/index.html As a child, this was all i wanted to do with my life. Its a major personal achievement to finally see this through =) Did anyone else feel like this with their first title?
Advertisement
That must be pretty exciting.

I can't say I know how it feels as I have never worked on a shipped game. A heck, who am I kidding? Other than my 4 Elements contest entries (4E2 and 4E3, and a few "guess the number" type games) I have never even made a game.

Kudos to you!

So, out of the experience, what would you say was the most rewarding? What was the hardest?
Congratulations!! :-)

Now write a post-mortem while the project is still fresh in your mind :D
Congrats! It can only get better from here :) (well, unless you're a pessimist. They would say that you won't ever be this excited about a release again. They are also wrong. [grin])

My first title (Cars, XBox 360) shipped this fall and I was pretty pumped to finally have something on the shelf. Before that, Rumble Box had far more success than I ever expected, so I'd consider it just as much of an achievement (if not more).

Good job, and keep 'em coming! :)

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

@Moe

The experience of working in a team of dedicated people itself was rewarding. Every day i learned something new from my leads and peers. The hardest was the dealing typical stress of working to deadlines etc.

@lightbringer

Already done =)

@JBourrie

Thanks. Typically i am a pessimist, but i think i will still be excited about future releases =)
I worked on a "small" part of a now released GBA game, and yes it was kind of exciting but... first of all i'm not in the industry right now (back to the university) and i think i felt more excited when I released my Starblaster 2001 demo because it was made all by myself.

Damn, i need to go back to the industry and work on some more games!!! or i'm gonna dry myself out and die in loneliness AND without money pff
Yeah, i can respect that - its a huge accomplishment to do something in its entirety yourself. As well if your back to Uni, then best of luck with your studies.
Congratulations! And you seem to be getting some pretty good reviews as well! [smile]
Best regards, Omid
Congrats! The game reminds me of Sega's Afterburner, but with great graphics and doesn't require an insane amount of quarters. =b
Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson
Congratulations. And yeah, that little euphoria is familiar [smile] Now commences the obsessive checking of the MetaCritic page for the game to see what "they" think of it...

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement