• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zfscnu

non-linear,pattern and GD

This topic is 4255 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ps:Below is my personal understanding, for information purposes only. To better illustrate my point,for example first. Non-linear edition,i believe that most people is familiar with it,that is computer software that can be arbitraty editing shots. In fact, non-linear edition is not absolute "nonlinear". First,look at the definition of linear edit:that is Producers way that the edit needs time order from start to finish . so,linear edition, that the content and time exist proportion relations. And linear edition, that the content and time not exist proportion relations. So,the non-linear edition is "the non-linear" which relative to time. Non-linear edition is need hardware and software support.if we simply think hardware is the computer, are you think the computer can process non-linear data? The 0=close, 1= open, this is the simplest separate linearity, also is the computer most basic computation. So,non-linear edition just transform "non-linear" relatived to time to "linear" relatived to (0=close, 1= open),and let people feel that they are "non-linear edition". Pattern,is one tools to link non-linearity and linearity. in this post,pattern is the concept that Alexander mentioned the concept of pattern in book <Timeless Way of Building> Building quality relatived to building shape,color,size,etc,is non-linear,it can said that the larger room the more good? If only your wife cleaning the whole house,when you buy a 500 square meters of house,i guess you wife will take the broom to hit you. Alexander propose concept of "pattern" ,as far as i know,the building quality is linear relatived to "pattern",and "patterns" can linear add, ,Alexander say that is patten language. Like non-linear edition,base on the concept of pattern ,Architectural designer can transform customer "non-linear" need to linear design. Architectural design can do so, then the game design? if GD pattern theory can be established and developed,Maybe in future architectural designer build the people's "real" living space, game designer build the people's "virtual" living space. [Edited by - zfscnu on April 22, 2007 1:59:45 AM]

Advertisement
en~~ i think i should more write sth in english.

for quick translating,i first copy content in chinese in google translat,and modify result from google.

today ,i am re-modify carefully,and delete some unimportant content.

Sorry. I think you are trying to say something complicated, but maybe your English skills are not enough (I mean no offense). Translating online does not always work correctly.

The whole bit about time seems incomprehensible, not sure at all about that. Perhaps it's related to Event Driven programming vs non-ED?

>>if GD pattern theory can be established and developed,Maybe in future architectural designer build the people's "real" living space,
game designer build the people's "virtual" living space.

This seems to be the goal of his post. Architects build "real" living spaces: i.e. my home. Game designers build "virtual" living spaces: i.e. ???

And this all is built on the idea of "linear programming," "non-linear programming," and "pattern theory." Dunno.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!