• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
brandonman

genetic algorithms

This topic is 4165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm hoping to get started in genetic algorithms. links would be helpful. Also, i've looked at some overviews and it looks like you create a "chromosome" and turn genes on and off. What would be the best way to do this? an array? Thanks. Oh, by the way, hopefully in C or C++

Advertisement
I've read through the ai junkie tutorial and get it, sort of, but am looking for ways to implement it myself. Would an array do the trick, I'm hoping for some implementation tutorials.

I think you may need to start with something simpler until choosing data structures becomes second nature. There are several aspects to genetic algorithms, such as representation of the population, or representation of the individuals within the population, and the storage you use for each will depend on what sort of problem you're solving. An array may be the best solution, or it may not. It all depends.

That depends what 'it' is. When you specify the problem fully, I'm sure people can give you a better answer.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!