Direct3D Enumeration

Started by
2 comments, last by Amr0 16 years, 12 months ago
I can initialise a simple Direct3D window and understand what is hsppening ok. However I am looking at the Enumeration class in the SDK and its blowing my mind. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials out there which break it down and explain what the hell is happening?
Advertisement
A lot of samples/tutorials are badly written in that they skip over a lot of the enumeration code - usually excused as being extra 'fluff' that detracts from the main point of the code [smile]

If you can list some parts that you don't understand then we can probably explain them to you.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

I've noticed a lot of tutorials ignore the Enum stuff. It's not one individual peice thats the problem. More understanding how to Enumerate stuff, what are Adapters, Devices, etc. I get the basic Enumeration code in the SDK Sample 1. However I need to understand what is happening in DXUTEnum.h and DXUTEnum.cpp on the SDK. Pretty much all of it - embarassingly.
Ok, this "article" and demo might help you out. I wrote it a while ago while I was "studying" this particular topic. The article should give you a general idea of how things are, and the source code has a lot of comments to explain what's going on. I admit the source code ended up a little bit too complex and that it probably could be simplified, but hopefully you will find it much easier to follow than the stuff which came with the SDK.
Hope this helps. -Love & Peace!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement