• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Thompson

Quick Hello.

This topic is 4165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A quick Greeting, didn't know quite where to announce myself, but as I’m interested in concept work and game design I felt here was as good a place as any. Hello, my name is Ian Thompson; I'm a young student from London, England. I've come to this forum in a hope to learn the trade of concept designer for computer games, I choose concept designer because I’m the type of person who has lots of ideas, and I mean lots. I’m the type of guy who is always doodling rather than working. I draw things but I always have a story behind them in which in some cases I have written a story about the particular race or character. I'll quit boring you know and get straight to the business, if any one needs any concepts worked up or ideas to seed please don't hesitate to ask because after all I’m here to develop my skills and imagination into a trade and possibly pick up some other skills in the process such as enhancing my drawing and writing and also developing coding and modelling skills. So please don't hesitate to talk to me, I feel that I’m quite an approachable and easy going person. Ian.

Advertisement
Welcome.

What kinds of games are you most interested in?

What concepts or ideas are you inspired by?

B

Greetings!

Read Sloperama before doing anything! Under the "School-a-Rama" section, Tom Sloper answers lots of questions, and I'm sure that you've asked at least a couple of them (and the rest you *should* have asked [wink]).

Genres? I love all the genres, I mean RTS and RPG and FPS are obliviously my fav's but as I say I like all types of games.

I get quite a lot of inspiration from well real life. I mean I look at these public toilets, the ones where you have to put 20p in to get into it, its got a sliding door and lights up at night, and I don't see that as just a toilet but more like a ammo depo in a sci-fi or a spawn point for the same genre.

And I will read that article.

Ian

Quote:
Original post by Mr Thompson
...I mean RTS and RPG and FPS are obliviously my fav's...

Lol.

Welcome. [smile]

Hah, I know how you feel. Constant rush of ideas that sparks whenever you see something that catches your interest.

Good Luck.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!