• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kimau

Game PIT Podcast release

This topic is 4173 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just to let everyone know Game Programmers in Training is still going strong. Its a little podcast done by myself and occasional co-hosts all of whom are game programming students at Northumbria university in the UK. The last two episodes have just been creating a simple framework using PTK. Light listening by people in training. There are no Guru's here but some light hearted attempts at sharing knowledge. Flammable Penguins Site

Last Three Shows

14: Rank and File So I promised to continue the game framework discussion would continue. This week we dive a bit deeper into organising things. Our big first year maths assignment. A quick talk about Headers and Objects. Creating STL compliant Objects. Using STL to manage data. Event Handlers and Message Queues 13: Sky is Falling Down So lets get started on a little project. We shall from scratch create a PTK game framework which we shall be expanding on. 12: Move and Shake, shake We talk about the how to shake and move the pixels. What your going to need is a timer with a marker pen, a needle with a thread, A sprite sheet with a palette, a collection of blank pages. No that's not right you need a keyboard and understanding of how not to drop the reference. So Come down and join us

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!