• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
davidmp

buffers and or submeshes

This topic is 4076 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I thought I would go ahead and learn c++ and directX by create a collision detection engine, or something simular. Anyway, months later im still confused as to what im actually doing. I have bounding spheres and boxes working, which is prety simple with directx. What I wanted to do is create an heirarchy of spheres / aabb for each model. This was going to come from the sub meshes of each object. I have managed to use teh GetAttributeTable to work out where each of the sub mesh vertext starts and ends. I have printed this to file and seems to be ok. The problem im havign is taking the information for each sub mesh and storing it in its own vertex buffer.. This is frustrating me as i have the data and can lop through each set, just cant do anything with it. I am using directx to create the spheres, and the only other idea i can think of is create the spheres manually whilst looping through the data, which seems to be pointles. I could show the code ihave so far, may be useful for other people, probably not thought as i aint been doign c++ very long so.. yea Id appriciate if any one had any ideas though, Thanks David

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!