• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_necrophilissimo_

Window message handler message for ALT(/Win)+TAB?

This topic is 4066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just wondering is there specific window message handler message for CTRL+TAB (and/or Win+TAB of Vista) - or is it just combination WM_SETFOCUS etc.? Edit: Darn this temporary lobotomy - I mean ALT tab, naturally :| [Edited by - _necrophilissimo_ on May 2, 2007 2:06:44 PM]

Advertisement
That would fall under the WM_SYSCOMMAND message with the wparams of SC_NEXTWINDOW and SC_PREVWINDOW.

There is no direct way to detect it. WM_ACTIVATE / WM_ACTIVATEAPP are the best bets if you need a handler for the case when it happens.

In any case, do NOT try to stop Alt-Tabbing.

Thanks, I'll look in to it.

Quote:
Original post by Endurion
In any case, do NOT try to stop Alt-Tabbing.

That wasn't my intention, I'm just having small issue with ShowCursor + ALT-TABbing + Vista (the darn cursor re-appears after ALT-TABbing and I have to re-hide it when the game window is in focus).

By the way; Why aren't most commercial games supporting ALT-TABbing? Not that it's hard to implement or anything - heck, multithreading beats that 1000:1.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!