How to install Managed DirectX on a user's PC properly?

Started by
-1 comments, last by Xargo 16 years, 11 months ago
Good day I've been trying out DirectX quite some time now, but I've still got problems making my try-outs run on someone else's PC. Till now only people doing .NET developing themselves managed to run my applications. Now the assembly missing is Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D, but that's just the first one my application uses. It's probably just the managed part (.NET) in general of DirectX that's missing. I know there exists an install included with the DirectX SDK, and I've tried it several times, but they still don't seem to have the managed part. I'll just list what my references are, and what the install composition is that I'm sending, so you can take a look yourself. :-) References C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\1.0.2902.0\Microsoft.DirectX.dll C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\1.0.2902.0\Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\1.0.2902.0\Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll Those are the dlls I referred to, it are just the default ones you get when you add a reference and choose the correct one in the .NET list of Visual Studio 2005. Now this is how I compose the DirectX install for people that are about to use my applications. Managed DirectX 9.0c Installation Composition DXSETUP.exe dxupdate.cab dxdllref_x86.cab DSETUP.dll dsetup32.dll Apr2006_MDX1_x86.cab I've read some documentation about this, and it says the MDX1 part in the name of the cab file defines that it's the managed part of DirectX. Thus this would install Managed DirectX 9.0c version April 2006 for x86 platforms. I can't find the x64 cab for the managed DirectX, only for the normal DirectX. There was also an Apr2006_MDX1_x86_Archive.cab file, do I maybe also need to include this? Another question, how can I indicate that they've got the managed part of DirectX? Is it the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code directory that has to exist including its assemblies? And yet another question, how do I know what release I'm using? The version is 1.0.2902.0, but how do I know that's the april 2006 release? I'm using Visual Studio 2005, and C# as programming language. Thanks Xargo [Edited by - Xargo on May 2, 2007 11:15:14 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement