Newb.

Started by
2 comments, last by Crypter 16 years, 11 months ago
I am fairly new to programming, but ive been around it for years , and have a passion for it, and would like to persue a career, as well as attend a college for Electronic Game Programming. No one around me is interested in this field though, which makes it hard to learn, thinking back to a school setting in which i have spent so much time in groups, I believe I work best with other people, and learn better by doing so. This brings me to my question, could i have a few programmers that wouldnt mind teaching/learning along side me via AIM, Msn, or other instant chatting program? I ask this in this forum because there is not really any , "Hi I am New" forum. I am interested in .net languages, as well as web coding, although i am lacking a proficient knowlege in both, but do know some basics. I would really like to start all over and really understand what I am doing and become well versed in programming before I even touch, or attempt to make any game. In the past i remember starting game project , not getting too far off the ground, and becoming very dissappointed with myself. I would like to stick with what I am doing and succeed. I can not wait to get to know/learn with all of you! [Edited by - NubGrammer on May 2, 2007 8:26:52 PM]
__________________________ Aim: pyromaniac4382 -IM me, i love programminghttp://www.Nubgrammer.co.nr - Future Blog
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by NubGrammer
This brings me to my question, could i have a few programmers that wouldnt mind teaching/learning along side me via AIM, Msn, or other instant chatting program? I ask this in this forum because there is not really any , "Hi I am New" forum.

Are you special in some way that you haven't yet indicated?

No?

The forum is not for finding people to learn from. The forum is for doing the actual learning.

Exactly my point.
Doing the learning along side some one . A partner is crime , if that is a better analogy for you.

As for being anything special, of course not , why would i be asking such low level things if i was anything special.

In laments terms it is not so much learning from obvious "experts" "like you", but rather novice to novice interaction , I am looking to snag someone around my level of experience and learn with them, kind of like a "Party " in a game, you could reference WoW, we would be "Sharing a Quest".

I hope this clears up any confusion. What i am not looking for is someone to tell me how to do something, thats not how you learn. Well for me anyway.

If this is not the correct forum i gladly would like assistance to to correct area of which this should be posted, i believe i have explained my situation thoroughly, and would hope this website has such solutions to my predicament, or could direct me elsewhere, where i could accomplish this.
__________________________ Aim: pyromaniac4382 -IM me, i love programminghttp://www.Nubgrammer.co.nr - Future Blog
Quote:
there is not really any , "Hi I am New" forum.

Of course there is--GDNet Lounge[smile]

If you are new to programming, I recommend learning from a book, as it would
be more difficault learning from someone else whome themselves is still
learning.

If you are looking for a partner, you can try the Help wanted forum
(Please dont cross post--make a new one)

Unfortantly, I dont know .NET (Am thinking of learning it though.),
so I wont be able to help you there.

Exactally what .NET language? I am sure you will recieve more responses if
you provide more detail.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement