Sign in to follow this  
Satsumomo

2 Soundcards in a system, separate output?

Satsumomo    122
Hello everyone, I currently have an Audigy card on my system, and of course the onboard AC97 sound. What I would like to know is that if it is possible to have them give a separate output? For example, my computer is hooked up to our sound system, so usually we listen to our music through the computer at home, however I sometimes would like to be able do other things on my computer, such as recording or simply gaming. So I would like to know if it's possible to have Winamp play on the AC97 card, and my other apps on the Audigy card, so I can connect my headphones to the jack while everyone else enjoys the music. Thanks!

LorenzoGatti    4450
Every sound card has its own driverand appears as a separate device, one of which is used by Windows as the default. Either application (Winamp or your game) must be persuaded to access a non-default audio driver.

Satsumomo    122
Thanks, too bad I encountered what seems to be a no-way-around problem:

My BIOS has the onbourd Audio set to either [Disabled] or [Auto], so whenever the system boots up and detects the Audigy, the onboard Audio is disabled automatically, even running the Setup for the AC97 doesn't help, it just crashes.

:(