Sign in to follow this  
quantumgamez

2 Questions

My first question is is there away to have an image say a logo and have it zoomed in to the pic of just the letters, and then have the game zoom out where you can see the rest of the logo. I was thinking maybe if I used the logo as a sprite then set a timer to it, then after 30 seconds just showed the entire pic by either showing the entire image, or clearing screen then showing the image that they were previousely viewing as a sprite clip only then seeing the entire image; however, it won't look like it's constantly zooming out it'll be just one frame after 30 seconds or whatever I set the timer to be. Also, the Timer tutorial at lazy foo productions is a little confusing to me. Is there any easier way to setup a timer just to elapse 30 seconds for a splash screen then go to the menu? For some reason the timer tutorial is confusing me. Thanks in advance, c.s. Finch

Certainly it's possible. But what technology are you talking about? Is this SDL with C++? If so, it's unlikely to give you good performance on zooming in and out on graphics - that's better done with OpenGL.

You can easily write your own timing code using SDL_GetTicks(). Check the time at the start, and keep showing the splash screen until the current time is 30 seconds past the time that you started.