MMORPG Ideas

Started by
3 comments, last by orionx103 16 years, 11 months ago
I plan on implementing all of these ideas in the MMORPG I am developing, this is mainly for feedback: - Upon combat the camera changes from 3rd person to first person (not sure if this will be optional/toggle-able) - Wound system, if you don't heal within x amount of time your life starts to drain Please add some ideas, the game is going to be open source so I will be sure to comment (in the code), if the idea is unique, your name.
Advertisement
Flamebait?
Whether or not combat switches to 1P should be dependent on the type of combat involved. Ranged attacks, I'd say yes. Melee or hand to hand, I'd say no. I would keep it optional either way.

As far as wounding, it's not a bad concept, but I wouldn't have every attack be a wound. To exaggerate: "You were bit by small mouse for 1 damage. Heal in 5 seconds or perish!" Instead, I would have major attacks be wounding. Maybe a significant fraction of your current HP, like 25% or so. Perhaps a threshold, where if you get to 40% then you're critically wounded. I wouldn't make it a general case scenario.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
Hmm, not too great ideas to implement into a new MMORPG, people like the fact that they can see their characters in battle, so I don't know how a 1st person view would go down.

As for the wounding, I think it will be a bit underated, and not very "new", lots of games already implement this idea, just like when a character is poisoned.

I don't even know why I'm continuing this thread, but...

I had an idea for an RPG in which, during normal turn-based combat, ranged attacks would switch camera views into a FPS-like mode, and you're given roughly three-to-five sections to aim and shoot. That way, if you want to pull off a headshot for more damage, you're able to.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement