Sign in to follow this  
burnate

ps1.2 - texenv

burnate    122
hey all, im finding myself porting some pixel shader code over to regular texenv calls -- and im a bit rusty on my texenv knowledge.....so i was wondering if i could get some of you wizz kids to help me out here. here's the code im trying to duplicate in texenv form. the problem im running into is the bias and expand from the pixel shader -- how would i represent that via texenv calls (using arb_texture_env_combine) of course.... <code> "def c0, 1, 1, 1, 1 "// multiply "def c1, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5 "// add "tex r0, t0 " "mul r0, r0, c0.bias.2x " "add r0, r0, c1.bias.2x ", </code> where 'c0'+ 'c1' are color's that get updated as follows. <code> glTexEnvfv(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_TEXTURE_ENV_COLOR, color->vec); glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_COMBINE_ARB); if(constant == 0) { glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND0_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_COLOR); glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND0_ALPHA_ARB, GL_SRC_ALPHA); } else if(constant == 1) { glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND1_RGB_ARB, GL_SRC_COLOR); glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_OPERAND1_ALPHA_ARB, GL_SRC_ALPHA); } </code> any help you guys could offer would be immensly appreciated!!

V-man    813
It depends on what c0.bias.2x is support to be
if it is 2 * c0 - 1
then it doesn't make sense cause c0 is already a constant.

Looks like the code reads a texel, then multiplies by 1, then adds 0?
If you want help, write the code in something more readable than ps1.2