• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
comfortablynumb84

My first game. Take a look at it, plz! :)

This topic is 4097 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys! I'm making my first pong. I made a tetris before but it had one million bugs so it doesn't count hehe. My pong is very simple, it has no limit of points and it has a lot of bugs.. so I'd wish you to take a look at it and tell me what can I change or add to it. Here's the link BTW.. the ball do the same thing always.. it's like it has a pattern and it follows it everytime. It's difficult to me to explain it (I don't know english very well) so.. take a look at it and you'll know what I'm trying to say. I hope you like it! Thanks in advance. (How do I post a link with labels? like [src][/src]?) - Solved :D [Edited by - comfortablynumb84 on May 3, 2007 9:13:51 AM]

Advertisement
Nice Game ! Keep up your good work.

To solve your ball pattern problem, I think you should tilt the ball direction depending on where it hits the paddle : if it's not in the middle, change the angle a little.

Quote:
Just use HTML tags to get that. I'll take a look at it later. Have to go to school soon.

Thanks for the tip :D

Quote:

Nice Game ! Keep up your good work.

To solve your ball pattern problem, I think you should tilt the ball direction depending on where it hits the paddle : if it's not in the middle, change the angle a little

Thank you! Yes, I was thinking about it.. I'll try to do it today.

Quote:

Good work! Next step is to build on what you have. Improve it!

Thanks for your comment! Yes, I'm thinking on put some power ups, a top score table and some music too. I want to add some more features to this game before start a new one like tetris.

Again, thank you all for the replies!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!