Sign in to follow this  
jdawgm6

cubase help

well i followed this video tut but its not turning out right

http://www.maketunes.com/articles/cubase-tutorial-videos

i watched the vst connections and the recording audio ones.. but all it does is echo, it echos rite after the first echo is done so rite after each echo, i dont know what i did wrong

my input is ASIO Multimedia Driver Stereo In which is default when installed because i uninstalled then reinstalled hoping this would fix it so i havent changed anything in vst connections since i dont know what im doing.. please help.. !!

I'm not entirely sure if by "voice" you mean a synth voice or singing, but I'm assuming you mean synth, since you're using vst

It's possible you have your latency set too low, I know that when I'm using soft synths in Sonar with a very low latency, all sorts of weird sounds result - scratches and noise

Also, sometimes it echoes right before the audio is going to drop out.

If you haven't configured any settings, I'd recommend searching for "latency" in Cubase help; if you can find a way to increase the latency just a bit, maybe 10 to 30 ms, it can make a big difference in playback quality, and make a messed up input play smoothly.

sorry about the confusion.. i forgot to add that i am trying to record my voice, and would also wanna know how to direct a drum loop to my input so when i put it into an audio track it will play and record it