Blender animations vs .x format

Started by
4 comments, last by RSC_x 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi! Im not sure if this is the right place to have this question but it sounded on other topics that this was a mix between mesh creation and programming in general. I have made a mesh that I have animated to just go on a walk with help of blenders bone animation. But when I try to run this file in Irrlicht mesh viewer or modify DX SDK's example on animations my character is just as stiff as he was before I put bones in him. Is it so that Blenders exporter for .x format is made with flauds or does it have something with my programming to do? Irrlicht was ver 0.14 Managed DX SDK ver 9.0c April 2007 Blender ver 2.42a
Advertisement
I don't know this much about Blender. But there are various settings when you export to X. Are you sure that you have included to export the animation?
tilesets games spriteshttp://www.reinerstileset.de
Most problems about exporting from blender are that the bone system isn't set up right or you have the wrong version of the exporter. I can't really say exactly what the problem is in this case, you may want to check various settings in the blend file and the instructions for the script.
Hi!
Have read your tip to help me, but Im not exactly sure what you mean hogarth.
Do I need to learn how .blend format works and see if there anny bugs in that?
And/or check the export script for anny bugs (if this is the problem I have alot of issues as I never seen a line of python script before:D).
Will do annother post here for all how could encouter this problem and did the mistake I did here.
If you havent worked in Blender before and dont know how it works in the exporting part of the program you might do the same misstake that I did.
If you dont press the button for "Anim" it will not be exported, this is things a LightWave Animator does not need to think of:P
the inportant point of x files is they are realy X-files...
any x file is not the some . that can use different formats..
they uses links and so much..
like dx templates and more.

after short time before i tried to analyse their prototype but they are not allways some...

i will analyse them later..
tuday i working on my own texture/3d obj editor it is more flexible for me ..
and so similar to my style...
because if the code is your own code the god of software is you...
but this isn't too easy.

© Loading... !!!
Please Wait...!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement