Sign in to follow this  
songofuriel

Enabling MFC in MSVC++ EE

jpetrie    13159
You can't. MFC is not available for download; to use it you must purchase a commercial version of Visual Studio, which will come with the API and a license to use it. The Standard edition may have it, but you'd have to check the Visual Studio product pages to be sure.

Now might be a good time to consider moving on to new technologies, as MFC is not the way of the future.

joanusdmentia    1060
Quote:
Original post by jpetrie
You can't. MFC is not available for download; to use it you must purchase a commercial version of Visual Studio, which will come with the API and a license to use it. The Standard edition may have it, but you'd have to check the Visual Studio product pages to be sure.

Not entirely true, the Platform SDK includes the sources for the version of MFC (and ATL) that was released with VS6. Apparently with a couple changes you can get it to compile under the express editions, but I've haven't tried it myself.

Quote:
Original post by jpetrie
Now might be a good time to consider moving on to new technologies, as MFC is not the way of the future.

That is entirely true. [smile]

jpetrie    13159
Quote:

Not entirely true, the Platform SDK includes the sources for the version of MFC (and ATL) that was released with VS6.

Huh, imagine that. I never knew.