virtual pc camera development

Started by
4 comments, last by 3dcgmodeling 16 years, 11 months ago
I wanna do a virtual pc camera emulating software.it can emulate real pc camera that can capture real world and transmit it to media player. please give me some advice,thanks. I have strong programming background. but I do not know where to start and what knowledge do i MUST know to make the software?
Advertisement
after some research, I found it need WDM develoment knowledge, is that ture?

what tool or lib can help me to avoid master these hard low level knowledge?
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Make a step by step specification of the process you hope to achieve, because what you wrote only looks like mad gibberish...
What he wants to do is create a virtual webcam. basically, create a fake device that returns images for webcam software to eat up.

I think you have to learn how to write lowlevel WDM driver, though. no way around that.
What had me stumped was the "capture real world images" part, which didn't rhyme well with the "virtual" part.

But then yes, you have to make your own driver. Creating a driver for a virtual device is actually quite simple. You may want to get your hands on Compuware Driver Studio, although they ceased production. The DriverWorks component is very handy for things like this, as it generates a very nice base for you to build on.
Quote: What he wants to do is create a virtual webcam. basically, create a fake device that returns images for webcam software to eat up.

Yes, it is what I want to do.

tok_junior:
DriverWorks is one of component of Compuware Driver Studio,right? if you give me some driver development backgound and theory which should help you develop driver ,that would be better.any way I will google it and get some stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement