skeletal animation (continuation of nehe 31)

Started by
4 comments, last by underthesun 16 years, 11 months ago
hello, basically, I'm looking for info for skeletal animation (after going through nehe tutorial #31), but Brett Porter's site is down, and i can only find the zip of portalib3d with an old version (0.04) that does not have skeletal animation implemented.. does anyone know where to get info of this kind?
Advertisement
Unfortunately it seems as though good resources on this subject are thin on the ground. There is a chapter in "More OpenGL Game Programming" but the code has never made it to the book's website.

You can use the Wayback Machine to get to Brett Porters tutorial but you can't get to the most recent code that way.

I hope to write a tutorial on this at some point in the future once I get it working my self [smile]

Luke.

EDIT: I also found some MS3D source here but I haven't looked at it yet.
Member of the NeHe team.
wow, that is just what I was looking for, thanks a lot, much appreciated :D
I got quite far thanks to that link, but I end up needing the original project files from the original tutorial.. for some reason the original code has a constructor which takes the ms3d's rotation format (they specify rotation based on xrot, yrot and zrot, a bit alien to me?)

So yeah, if anyone has any ideas, I thought it'd be useful to bump this thread up again :)

cheers

p.s anyone knows how to get in touch with Brett?
Been a long time since I looked NEHE but I have loads of the old stuff offloaded to CD, I did loads on the Brett Porter Tuts and spoke to Brett as well, bear with me and I will delve into the archives
Actually, I managed to fix it, it was my fault. I did not initialise the matrix to identity matrix, and that the code sets the rotations without putting "1" onto the last row's last column.

But the link kazade sent [http://openglgui.sourceforge.net/code.html] has all there is that's required to reference things up :)

again, thanks a lot everyone

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement