Dynamic runtime character animation

Started by
0 comments, last by treeway 16 years, 11 months ago
Hello, [sorry I'm cross posting as I posted to the wrong group] I have a certain strategy in mind for my own game development. However, don't know how to implement it using Direct3D. That is, if a skinned mesh has already got the skeleton, IK Links and animation data ready, is it possible to do custom runtime character animations when I require the mesh to reach a specific spot precisely. For example, there is a gun inside a box. And my mesh gets close to it, trying to open the box (using animation controller). The flap of the box has a certain Vector value, and the hand of my man also has one. I do interpolation between my man's arm and the flap of the box, since the positions are not fixed at runtime, is it possible for me to do any animation for the hand to get to the flap without explicitly using the animation data inside the .X file while also keeping the animation smooth with the IK? Thanks
Advertisement
It is possible to lerp the position of matrix of the hand bone to the position of the gun. Its covered in Jim Admas Advanced Animation in DirectX, since I learned it from there I suggest you get the book rather then I give away the information Jim is selling.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement