Space racer physics

Started by
1 comment, last by ghotirein 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi folks, I'm trying to create a simple space racer. I want to create the physics step by step. First i'd like to create normal steering, throttle and braking. What is the best way to handle this? (The cars are hover futuristic like cars) (i guess linear speed is not the best way :s) the second step i want to integrate gravity. with this I want to extend my game that the tracks can have hieghts (so that the track has heights and not all flat) any pointers on how to do this ? and how much is the steering and throttling and braking influenced by it ? The third step is I want to create missiles >:D Any pointers on this? what kind of throttle? and when i want to make it heetseaking? greets ghoti P.S. I don't want to use physics libraries for this want to do it this way so that I can extend it every step without using some physics library. P.P.S. the hover cars are planes that have only 1 engine in the middle at the back.
Advertisement
Hovering code

Controller code (the turning and moving forwards)
Hi thanks for the code, i shall look into it. Didn't expect it though, just expected some math or physics :D anyway i'll go find out what is there in the code hope i can make any sense of it :D

ghoti

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement