Sign in to follow this  
weasalmongler

Direct3D 10 Multiple Render targets

weasalmongler    205
Hi, I've begun working with DirectX 10 and I'm trying to implement a procedure that would benefit from using simultaneous Multiple Render Targets. I've used them in D3D9, but in all my going throught the DirectX SDK reference and MSDN, I cannot find anything about how to implement them. There also aren't many tutorials about on the internet that I can find so I was wondering if someone could give me a brief overview of how to implement them? For example what objects do I need to use and how do I need to initialize / bind them? Thanks in advance.

weasalmongler    205
Yeah, I've seen that because I use that technique to render my cube maps for the engine. I would have thought there would be a simpler way to emulate the DirectX 9 method where I can just bind 4 render targets and then it automatically outputs to each of them. If I use a geometry shader for it then that seems like a waste of resources, as they could be used for pixel or vertex shading.

jollyjeffers    1570
Yeah, you don't want to use the GS simply to set up the RT index - even if you did it'd be far too restrictive for some things.

The code in that sample shows how to set up up MRT's from the application side, but the shader syntax should just be SV_Target[n] with n being 0-7 (D3D10 allows up to 8 SRT's) in the same way that MRT's are referenced in D3D9 pixel shaders...

hth
Jack