• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

This topic is 4065 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Im new to opengl I have a program made (my first) and I was wondering if anyone could give it collision detection and a texture (prefferably the one attached to the source I am posting) I would really appreciate it if someone could code this so I could study it and see how it works I've tried tutorials I just get confused anyways here's the source please post back the file if you have done anything to it or post code to what I could do to it please heres the link http://files.filefront.com/heightmapzip/;7448725;/fileinfo.html I also give credit to NEHE tutorials because I accidently forgot to [Edited by - S4LBULLET on May 6, 2007 8:19:26 PM]

Advertisement
Hmmm, sorry to be a fun breaker but you took NeHe heightmap tutorial, changed the vertex color and starting camera position, passed it as your own and now you want someone else finish it?

Texturing could be done in 2min, but collision detection and response is a subject more complicated than everything already present in this demo.

Yes I used alot of there code what do you expect im new Im not goin to be sellin this just for education purposes and I modified alot of the code showing I know what it does could you do the textures at least?

Use Google. Nobody is going to personally write you an example, especially since you show very little motivation to learn how to learn properly. Reading source code is, alone, a terrible way to learn new things.

NeHe has a good tutorial on texture mapping.
Another good texture mapping tutorial

After texture mapping a single texture over the terrain,
look into creating tilemaps. Tilemap the textures over the
terrain.

Tilemaps in OpenGL

Texturing heightmaps

Insure you map the vertices correctly.

Also, there is no point in adding collision detection until
you have actual objects to test it with.

Hope this helps;

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!