• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wyrmmage

animation advice

This topic is 4066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My 3D game that I'm working on supports 3D hierarchies, and I need it to support them in animation too. I'm thinking about using key-frame based animation, and I'm basically wondering: Would it be better to store the rotation/translation of every key-frame in an array, have a set time that each keyframe takes, and then calculate the translation/rotation of the object based on how much time has gone by between each keyframe, or would it be better to have an array of the key-frame values, and then have an array with varying times in it for each keyframe (so if the object was going in a line, it would use less keyframes and have a different time), and then calculate the translation/rotation based on how much time has gone through on the current key-frame? Sorry if the explanation was hard to follow :Thanks in advance :) -wyrmmage

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!