Sign in to follow this  
RSC_x

blunder surfaces with c++...?

RSC_x    100
blunder surfaces with c++...? is it possible to load a blender txture/image? like a opengl surface-data.? i creating my data manually... i like it ... but it takes to long time... and sometimes hard to see what you made...

DaBono    1496
As far as I know, textures in Blender are just images in PNG, JPEG or BMP format (and probably more).
And yes, you can use those image formats in C++. Libraries like FreeImage or DevIL (or the format-specific libjpeg and libpng) let you load images in memory. Those images can then be passed to OpenGL to use as a texture.

RSC_x    100

But i think jpg ot ttf images doesnt support 3d data storage...?
can i create a 3d texture with blender or with another ...
Thanks...

grhodes_at_work    1385
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you talking about creating volume textures and you want to view the texture slices in 3D, or extract an isosurface and view that as a mesh in 3D? Are you talking about a 2D textures as a heightfield that represents a 3D surface, and you want to visualize the 3D surface? Some clarification would be helpful...

RSC_x    100

i see anyone saying ..
"hey i created this with this editor."
but i cant understand because blenders output format is .blender..?
or another format which i cant cover.

i searching editor which edits vertexpointer source. or code list generator
for 3d object data.

can any editor do this .

or where can i found detailed info about that 3d? editors output format.
like blenders save as foormat...

i think blender's help pages desnt hawe enough data about their format.
thanks...

Omid Ghavami    1007
You most likely don't want to load blender's scene files, that is .blender files. What you probably want to do is to export to one of the many file formats which blender can export to, and then either write a loader or use a finished loading library to load such files. According to their website blender can export to:

2D
TGA, JPG, PNG, OpenEXR, DPX, Cineon, Radiance HDR, Iris, SGI Movie, IFF, AVI and Quicktime GIF, TIFF, PSD, MOV (Windows and Mac OS X)

3D
3D Studio, AC3D, COLLADA, DEC Object File Format, DirectX, Lightwave, MD2, Motion Capture, Nendo, OpenFlight, PLY, Pro Engineer, Radiosity, Raw Triangle, Softimage, STL, TrueSpace, VideoScape, VRML, VRML97, Wavefront, X3D Extensible 3D, xfig export

If I understand you correctly you are interested in exporting to 3D data. As you can see you've got a large collection to choose from. Search on google and I'm sure that you will find many tutorials on loading these files.