Sign in to follow this  
yoram

EA API

Hi I was searching to find out if an API for EA titles is available for developers, one that could be used to develop added services for AE sports titles but could not find any mention of such API does anyone have an idea if AE would make an API available for developers, and if so how could we receive it? any ideas of where to look for an answer otherwise? thanks

Are you talking about Electronic Arts? It's not common for game developers to release APIs for their products. Often, they will provide scripting interfaces or content editors for the modders to use, but they don't stand to benefit too much from distributing a programming interface. What is it that you hope to do with such an API?

Admiral

Their are none. Neither has there ever been anything announced (that I know of) suggesting such a thing would ever exist.

-me

thanks admiral and me

yes, it is Electronic Arts. we wish to localize the games to a non-western country and modify their scoring so that they relate to an educational objective.
Any chance you might refer me to a source where I can further verify that no API exist for Electronic Arts sports

thanks

Quote:
Original post by Palidine
Their are none.

There will also probably NEVER be one. EA is not in the middleware business and is not in the business to release things that other develoeprs can use to compete against them.

Quote:
Original post by yoram
thanks admiral and me

yes, it is Electronic Arts. we wish to localize the games to a non-western country and modify their scoring so that they relate to an educational objective.
Any chance you might refer me to a source where I can further verify that no API exist for Electronic Arts sports

thanks

EA does not (and probably will not) release source code to any of their games.

Quote:
Original post by yoram

That would be in violation of copyright law. If you wish to pursue this you need to contact EA Corporate and work out a licensing deal. You can find corporate contact information on their website: http://www.ea.com

-me

If I told you, would I also have to tell you where I put the pot of gold found at the bottom of the rainbow? lol

The basic rule for this type of thing is: "if it doesn't ship with the game, it doesn't exist (for free)".

You get the unreal editor and tools by buying any unreal game
You get the Crysis editor and tools by buying any Crysis game
etc
etc

Since it doesn't ship with any EA title that means you must enter some kind of business deal with the company to gain this type of access. i.e. you need to give them a proposition that will:

1) make them money (the objective part)
2) not "tarnish" their brand (the subjective part)

-me