Can't get any libraries (that will compile properly)

Started by
3 comments, last by Aken H Bosch 16 years, 11 months ago
I've tried winsock2.h, but it said every single method was an undefined reference, and sys/socket.h doesn't seem to be on my computer. I tried going to some of the things listed in this board's FAQ, but I found nothing. Does anyone know where I can find a windows (maybe others) library which comes with all of the necessary files (.a or .lib, .dll, .h)? I need TCP (I'm making an RTS), UDP is not necessary for this project but might come in handy later with other games. Many thanks, --Me
Signature go here.
Advertisement
Undefined references is a sign of a missing library in the linker stage. Did you add ws2_32.lib to the linker settings? Thats the library defining the necessary symbols.
Quote:I've tried winsock2.h, but it said every single method was an undefined reference

Did you link to it?
Quote:sys/socket.h doesn't seem to be on my computer.

Are you on unix or windows?

Quote:
....board's FAQ, but I found nothing....
Does anyone know where I can find a windows (maybe others) library which comes with all of the necessary files

Did you look at questions 8?

questions questions questions lol
Post the errors that you get. Those errors mean only 1 thing: user error.

-me
If by question 8 you are referring to the one with the list of libraries, then yes.

Edit: thanks, everybody.

Stress + Lack of sleep + Switching to a different compiler + Me = Me a few minutes ago
Signature go here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement