Sign in to follow this  

Can't get any libraries (that will compile properly)

This topic is 3872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've tried winsock2.h, but it said every single method was an undefined reference, and sys/socket.h doesn't seem to be on my computer. I tried going to some of the things listed in this board's FAQ, but I found nothing. Does anyone know where I can find a windows (maybe others) library which comes with all of the necessary files (.a or .lib, .dll, .h)? I need TCP (I'm making an RTS), UDP is not necessary for this project but might come in handy later with other games. Many thanks, --Me

Quote:
I've tried winsock2.h, but it said every single method was an undefined reference

Did you link to it?
Quote:
sys/socket.h doesn't seem to be on my computer.

Are you on unix or windows?

Quote:

....board's FAQ, but I found nothing....
Does anyone know where I can find a windows (maybe others) library which comes with all of the necessary files

Did you look at questions 8?

questions questions questions lol

If by question 8 you are referring to the one with the list of libraries, then yes.

Edit: thanks, everybody.

Stress + Lack of sleep + Switching to a different compiler + Me = Me a few minutes ago

This topic is 3872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.