Sign in to follow this  
RyanZec

Starting out with C#

RyanZec    124
Hey, I am interested in getting in C# for writing some tools for a game engine. I already have a good understanding of C++/PHP/Java and OOP in General. I am looking for some tutorial, documents, whatever geared towards existing programmer looking to move to C#. I basically wan tot learn the syntax and any language specific stuff. Can anyone recommand anything?

BTownTKD    205
If you already know C++ AND java, you're off to a good start. Believe it or not, the documentation with Visual C# Express is pretty good. Look at some sample code, and it's pretty easy to see the subtle differences. Just try to imagine that C++ and java had a glorious love-child, and you'll be coding C# apps in no-time.

Flashthinker    100
Quote:
Original post by BTownTKD
If you already know C++ AND java, you're off to a good start. Believe it or not, the documentation with Visual C# Express is pretty good.

I totally agree.
I have to add...
If you know Java full-well, there is no such thing as "learning" C#, Java and C# are SO similar in structure... All you need is an API reference. Moreover, I LOVE the Visual C# IDE! You can get started even if you don't know the function names, thanks to their slick code-completion feature.

When I first tried C#, within about 2 days I had learned how to make a Windows applications with buttons and text-boxes. It is so simple and logical... Even better than Java I my opinion; .NET is a masterpiece!

RyanZec    124
well i know full-well C++ no java. I only know java becuase it is a required course in school for my programming degree, so i only now the basics that i needed to to pass the class