Sign in to follow this  
ericmfg

Online Game Market in Singapore

ericmfg    122
Greetings to all forum members. It is glad to come to here for meeting you all, with the same interest, here. I am a new comer here and i am working on a study featuring the Online Game market in Singapore. I should be much obliged if anyone here can share some information about it. for example, but not limited to, the overall online game market size of Singapore and its annual contribution to the economy of Singapore, the population of online gamers, and the internet use. Much obliged if anyone here can share some information with here. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Eric

frob    44908
You won't find those numbers on this board, or any other location on the public Internet.

That kind of number is expensive to generate, and generally considered valuable and confidential trade secrets by anyone who invests in discovering them. If you search long enough you might find some guesses, which range from educated to wild in quality. Remember also that any numbers you come up with are estimates at best, and should be considered inaccurate, and are more likely to apply to major broadly-based companies like Pogo and Yahoo Games than they are to apply to anybody else.

Most of those numbers would require a lot of research to estimate. You may hire a market research company to find them.

You will probably choose to do that research yourself until you decide you have enough information or are tired of looking. Begin by looking at the published numbers from major companies' quarterly and annual reports, read the numbers in the trade magazines, and use Google to search for the rare company that will disclose those numbers. One such collection is here but they aren't very useful without knowing the larger industry context.

__ODIN__    479
You might want to talk to some of the Singaporean agencies that look at this, specifically the Infocomm Development Authority. PM me, and I'll send an email intro to one of their officers.

Allan Simonsen
IGDA Singapore Coordinator