Sign in to follow this  

D3D Window Resize

This topic is 3869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working on a windowed application and i am having some issues with window resize.I dont want the output to be stretched when i resize the window.Is there anyway of doing this without reseting the device? Thanks

Quote:
Original post by RayTracer
I'm working on a windowed application and i am having some issues with window resize.I dont want the output to be stretched when i resize the window.Is there anyway of doing this without reseting the device? Thanks
I believe there's a way to create and manage your own swap chain, which means you don't need to reset the device, but is it really such a big deal? Why not just update your projection matrix when a resize happens, which would at least preserve the aspect ratio.

I'm making an UI in windowed mode and using Sprites for rendering,i don't want the display output to scale when i resize the window.Could i use a swap chain to counter this? If yes , how? I'm really clueless on how to approach this problem. Thanks :)

This topic is 3869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.