3d models for a game

Started by
2 comments, last by hanzo87 16 years, 11 months ago
Sorry if this issue has already been begun, but I haven't spoted it, so forgive me. I'm working in blender for some time and I'm wondering what is all about 3d models for a game. for eg.: if I've modeled a simple house what should I also do to make it useful in a game? Should the doors rotate in one axis etc(do I have block them so as they work properly?)? Sorry for all mistakes.
Advertisement
Did you clean it so it has as few triangles as necessary? Did you texture it?
It really depends entirely on the game and the engine. In a game like Spiderman, for instance, you can't go inside buildings so the outside just has to be pretty. In an FPS, you need to model each part of the interior because the player will be walking around there.

As far as doors go, in some engines the doors will need to be separate objects in order for them to work properly.

-me
I haven't even started working on it because I was thinking it would be too difficult for me to do it properly. Do you have any articles\tutorials where I could find what is all about making 3d model for game without wasting Your time on asking obvious(for You) questions?
Thanks for help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement