std::sort ERROR! HELP!

Started by
2 comments, last by riruilo 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi friends. I need your help, please. I would like to sort a std::vector<Myclass*> m_whatever; My classes has a KEY method, which is a float. Reading over here I did this: bool CCLScene::MyDataSortPredicate(CCLPolygonsInstance* a, CCLPolygonsInstance* b) { return (a->GetZ() < b->GetZ()); } and in the same file I have this. std::sort(m_transparent_polygons_instance_list.begin(), m_transparent_polygons_instance_list.end(),MyDataSortPredicate); But when I compile I get this: 1>Compiling... 1>CLScene.cpp 1>c:\project\colladaloader2\clscene.cpp(163) : error C3867: 'CCLScene::MyDataSortPredicate': function call missing argument list; use '&CCLScene::MyDataSortPredicate' to create a pointer to member 1>c:\project\colladaloader2\clscene.cpp(163) : error C2780: 'void std::sort(_RanIt,_RanIt)' : expects 2 arguments - 3 provided 1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\algorithm(3109) : see declaration of 'std::sort' 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\project\ColladaLoader2\Debug\BuildLog.htm" Do you have any idea where the problem is ? Thanks a lot.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Advertisement
Make MyDataSortPredicate a static method,
and then do:

std::sort(m_transparent_polygons_instance_list.begin(), m_transparent_polygons_instance_list.end(),&CCLScene::MyDataSortPredicate);
Thanks a lot incin.

It works perfectly.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Thanks a lot incin.

It works perfectly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement