Sign in to follow this  

[java] Runescape Classic[Players look here]

This topic is 3869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The almost dead game Runescape Classic is being re-developed by a few old players whom are really dedicating themselves to the old game. They have come quite a bit but do need help re-developing the game. The plan is to make a private server in the future and already now a huge mass of people is showing interest in it and there are persons who want to support it financially when it's done. But... There are barely enough people with the skill in java and programming, and of course, dedication, that can make this come true. So if you feel that you would like to see this game alive again please feel free to head over to: http://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php/board,52.0.html A guy named Protosstribe is developing a client called RSC Glass Dagger and is very interested in having people joining his team. Bobdole81 is also developing stuff, and other people from the Auto-Rune scene(if anyone remember that). Anyways, I'm not expecting much response to this but who knows where there might be people for this.. Take Care

So this thing is to be developed in java?... It would be interesting to see. I sort of like have a hobby of admiring some really good updates of older stuffs.

On a side note... Id also say that anyone whose mother named their kid Protosstribe would also need a good talking to. I'm not terribly comfortable with collaborations with folks who go by screen names... I had a bad experience with that once... it just doesn't invoke any kind of trust for me personally.

Alas, good luck on your efforts.

Quote:
Original post by capn_midnight
if you have the skills to actually make a game, why not make something original?

I agree. I have a lot of respect for what Jagex have been able to accomplish with Runescape. It would kind of piss me off to see someone come along and blatantly copy their game. But it's no big deal because they would simply open up a classic server if they felt you guys were actually taking away users. They could do it in a matter of days, maybe even hours. Creating a competing Java MMO is a good idea, IMO, but it should be original.

Quote:
Original post by capn_midnight
if you have the skills to actually make a game, why not make something original?

I agree too...

---

It's not worth it (financially) to spend so much time on something that you (as a group) don't have a copyright over... You are making yourselves prone to legal action. If the game ever becomes bigger than RSC, then I'm pretty sure that Jagex will take action.

This topic is 3869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.