Sign in to follow this  
Malazar

Multiple meshes (another mesh/directx question)

Malazar    152
hmm, another directx mesh question, i can tell it's going to be one of those nights :S alright, i have multiple meshes in my game, one for a player's character (a racing car in this case) and some scenery meshes, such as a skyscraper, my problem is, i can only seem to load one mesh at a time and display it., my loader looks like this: D3DXLoadMeshFromX( MeshName, D3DXMESH_SYSTEMMEM, g_pd3dDevice, NULL, &pD3DXMtrlBuffer, NULL, &g_dwNumMaterials, &g_pMesh ) and is part of a class "Object" of which the car and building are instances. i load the meshes for them like so: Racer.LoadMesh(g_pd3dDevice, "GravRacer.x"); Building.LoadMesh(g_pd3dDevice,"Skyscraper.x"); trouble is, once i run the program, my player's car is now a skyscraper... i can't figure out how to make it so both meshes load :S any thoughts?

treeway    108
are you perhaps loading all the meshes into the same g_pMesh? OR are you in fact rendering all the meshes in the same place but you only see the sky scraper because its the biggest one / last drawn and contains all the others? hard to tell but theres a couple of suggestions.

Malazar    152
they render in different positions in the scene.

I am using the same g_pMesh, however so was the program i used as a reference. the load from x function is in the load mesh part of a class, same as the program i used as a reference, and that one loads multiple meshes no worries.

[Edited by - Malazar on May 10, 2007 7:15:15 PM]