Sign in to follow this  
Wardyahh

Unity [web] Developer Website Features

First off I’m not entirely sure that the help wanted section is the right place for this so if it isn’t could a mod please move it to a more suitable forum. I am a university student currently studying computer games design and one of the modules is (very loosely) based on web design, the latest group project is to create a community website of our choice and i/we chose to create a website for game designers. Now as there are already an abundance of game development websites we decided to focus on one particular aspect of it – developer diaries, a major requirement of it is to obtain and use feedback from the target audience whilst developing the site, and thus here I am. I would like any ideas as to what you would like to have, features wise, from a site that kept developer diaries. Just to give you some idea of the way we are going some of the features we are playing with at the moment are: Group creation: Individuals sign up to an account and can add/remove members from the group Group profile pages including member details (automagically taken from the registered details) Interactive timeline with milestones diary pages expectations etc. Source code upload, view and possibly interactive changes (Intentionally vague about this part as its one of the main community features and we have yet to see it done anywhere else) and also standard stuff like pm, small message boards and possibly forums(all though at this point it looks doubtful) I’ve done a little site comparison and we have tried to not include features that are key to other sites and have intentionally chosen a very specific area to make this goal easier (and smaller). Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated Also if you would like any more information just message and I will do the best I can to answer Thank you Nathan Middleton

Well, if you want us to help, we are just getting started! My friend and co-owner of our game/studio is a PHP guru and has writen a whole CMS based in it. It would be cool to have something like this on our site and we are willing to try it our for you, if you need anything you can just post in out topic: 3D Space game! [NEW TEAM], or go to our site: franklygames.dark-lightstudios.com and join the forum. We are running Vb so we are well set of since it has so many modules it not funny.. So if you need help with anything we don't bight and we wont mind helping!

(jk about the bight thing.. kinda corny??)

Haloer, Andriy