Sign in to follow this  
glBender

[.net] Video Editing

glBender    156
Does .NET have any video editing capabilities? like opening up an AVI or so and editing frames? I posted this in the .NET forum because I would like to use .NET for the project, but if there isn't any such capability in the framework, can anyone think of a library that I could use for such things?

Nik02    4348
DirectShow provides a robust object library for media playback and manipulation, including non-linear video editing. There was some movement a long while ago to port the said library to .net, but I haven't been following this development lately.

You can download DirectShow libs and documentation as part of the Windows (Platform) SDK and use it with C++. It is possible - although with a heap of work - to wrap the functionality to .net classes, should you want to develop the rest of the application in managed languages.

benryves    1999
DirectShowNet on SourceForge.

It is comparatively easy to wrap up DirectShow's COM interfaces by copying and pasting from the various .h files and doing a bit of find-and-replace, but it is tedious work. I started work on an editor but haven't had much time to dedicate to it.