• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ankhd

How do you set the Direct3D debug runtimes to enabled

This topic is 4234 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, how is this done. I have ... Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 Installed Edition: VC Express Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Microsoft Visual C++ 2005ne.

Advertisement
Just run the DirectX Control Pannel, then under Direct3D, check enable Debug runtime, or something like that.

Chad.

Sometime mid last year they moved it.

Older SDKs had a DirectX icon in the control panel, which only appeared if your SDK was as new as the retail runtimes on your machine (ie: you could install a D3D runtime for a new game and the control panel options would disappear).

Newer SDKs have it in the start menu along with the DirectX tools and help.

Run it, select the D3D tab, enable it via the radio buttons on the right hand side, and move the "debug level" slider at the top left to something high, but less than full (I tend to go for the middle). When at full you'll get all sorts of warnings every time you do something like multiply a matrix that happens to not be 16-byte aligned.

hey, can't set the debug check box I Installed the debug by the SDKs links
Do I need to keep the SDK up to date I have dx 9c

Quote:
Original post by ankhd
Do I need to keep the SDK up to date I have dx 9c
You'll need a 9c SDK to get the 9c debug runtimes - it was a known issue that you could install an older SDK (and compile/run apps) but the debug runtime selector would be disabled. Given that 9c SDK's have been out for 2.5 years I would be amazed if this is the case here [smile]

Which SDK version have you downloaded/installed?

Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!