• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sprite_hound

Setting up G3D with Code::Blocks [solved]

This topic is 3417 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just wondering if anyone's done this successfully and can offer any tips... I compiled G3D and GL3D myself, adapting the devcpp instructions to code::blocks, and that went fine, giving me libGLG3D.a and libG3D.a. Using a simple g3d test application (or any of the demos provided), I get a whole load of linker errors such as:
C:\code_utils\g3d-6_10\mingw32-lib/libGLG3D.a(GApp.o):GApp.cpp:(.text+0x32d): undefined reference to `G3D::GCamera::GCamera()'
C:\code_utils\g3d-6_10\mingw32-lib/libGLG3D.a(GApp.o):GApp.cpp:(.text+0x3ac): undefined reference to `G3D::GModuleManager::create()'
I'm linking to: mingw32, SDLmain, SDL, G3D and GLG3D. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, or has set up g3d with code::blocks / mingw before, I'd love to hear from them. [Edit] OK, got rid of almost all the errors. I needed to link a number of other things as well as those (opengl32, glu32, ws2_32, version, zlib, png, jpeg, -mwindows). I still have a wierd error where powf is defined twice, but hopefully I can find out what's causing that and stop it.[/Edit] [Edit2] It appears the .dev files that come with the source were very out of date. Using the .vcproj files instead worked fine, and there's no need to link png and jpeg in apps using g3d[/Edit2] [Edited by - sprite_hound on May 13, 2007 3:14:19 AM]

Advertisement
Has anyone else done this recently? I tried it with the current versions of code::blocks and G3D on Windows XP, but G3D doesn't compile.

The first problem that comes up is compiling platform.h. It fails with an unsupported platform message. I tried setting the __MSC_VER variable, but then compiling fails trying to find crtdbg.h. Is this a microsoft/visual studio specific file? It doesn't exist anywhere on my system.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!