Koverdo 3d-2d shooter sounds added!

Started by
6 comments, last by Black Knight 16 years, 10 months ago
[FromOldTopic] Hey, This is my 3d-2d shooter for a game contest. I was an opengl guy but i wanted to learn d3d so i started programming this. It has a height map which you can fly over and shoot factories. All objects are simple billboards. I have added the source code in case someone wants to play with it. I plan to add sounds and music to it if i ever got time from work and school. So what do you think? [/FromOldTopic] Old topic Link Well I added music and sound effects.So its finally a small complete game I hope :]
Advertisement
Game didn't run for me :(

Double click on the exe and get a message:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Do you have DX9.0c and the vc redistributables installed?
Maybe i should stop using the multithread dlls and static link the project.
But that is not advised I guess.
Can anyone give some info on how to distribute c++ dx9.0c applications.
Should I make a setup program to install the dependencies??
*bump*
Why distribute as a Rar file? They are not natively supported by Windows (not even Vista), and I'm not really up to installing third party software just to play the game. Add an option for a Zip or Exe file and I'd love to give it a try.
Uhoh I guess I prefer rar because it compresses better correct me if im wrong.
I will put a zip version soon though.
Well, it ran for me.

Pretty cool little game, congratulations on it :).
Have you thought of using a minimap, so maybe you could limit teleports and make it feel more cohesive? Just a thought, but I enjoyed it.
Im glad you liked it.
Sure I thought of a minimap but the contest I send this games had 1 month so I couldnt even finish the music and sounds.
How should I add the minimap.Should I render the map from top to a texture and then display it as a 2d GUI element.I tried this in another OGL application of mine but it slowed the game too much.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement