• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Svenjamin

Lua/Luabind building woes

This topic is 4235 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, For the past few days I have been trying to build lua and luabind so that I can use them. I finally built Lua correctly I think. I compiled the right source files to form a static library, and I also compiled the lua interpreter and compiler. After this I opened up a test file which I took out of Mat Buckland's AI book. I included the right headers and linked to the library I generated. but when I compiled it, it said that lua_dofile was not defined. Why? I didn't see anywhere in Lua's revision history where that was taken out or changed, so I think this is just because I did something wrong when building. Also, I have used the installer from boost-consulting to install the Boost library, and I downloaded boost-build to build luabind, but I am totally lost. I have tried a few things that don't seem to work and any tutorials I find seem to make no sense to me. can anybody give step-by-step directions on how to build these? I don't know what to do, I have never built a third-party library or anything like that before, so I am totally lost as to what they are talking about. Thank You, Svenjamin EDIT: I spent some more time browsing the forums and discovered that I need to use luaL_dofile and luaL_openlibs since I am using 5.1, as opposed to lua_dofile and calling luaopen_* for each library in 5.0, so I guess I did build the Lua stuff correctly, (correct me if I am wrong) and now I just need help building luabind. (with boost-build or MSVC++ 7.1 if possible) [Edited by - Svenjamin on May 12, 2007 7:47:29 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!