MAGIC Game Dev Contest - Results are in!

Started by
222 comments, last by Svenjamin 16 years, 10 months ago
The entries look great! Congrats. And awesome job putting it together Trapper and Prozak.

My plans to enter were disrupted when I got the Xbox 360 and started working 7 days/week [sad][smile].
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Advertisement
Hi guys,

the last few days have been very difficult for me. Cancer is truly a devastating disease. I thank you all for your kind words in this hard time.

I was so glad when I downloaded a few of the games and played them. Truly original and fun!

I wish you all the best. Entering and organizing these contests never ceases to be an extremely rewarding experience for me, and a great way to give something back to a community that has already given me so much...

I await the winner's choice for his 50$ USD coupon on an online store. Go ahead and make your pick and PM me your choice.

Thanks for the good times [wink]
Congratulations to Trapper Zoid and Prozak. I wish I had picked a less ambitious game design and focused instead on making a small game playable and fun.

But hey, part of the point of the competition is to take risks. Congrats to everyone who entered, even those (like myself) who couldn't finish a project.

Particular congrats to our top three (well, erm, six) contestants. I've only had time to play tag's entry so far, but it's a lot of fun. It just keeps giving me crappy letters.
Same here, congrats to the winners, and to everyone who even tried. And a huge thanks to Trapper Zoid and Prozak for doing this, it was my first contest and I had a lot of fun. And just for the record, I appreciate Trapper Zoid's candor in judging the entries and I realized that my entry didn't really include the tower as much as it should have, but I decided that I could either make a game that was fun with pre-made art that didn't include the tower that much, or I could make a game that looked terrible with the tower aspect very well worked out.

Believe it or not, before I saw tag's wiki, I considered doing a Tower of babel game myself. I wanted to make it so that the user had to prevent the people from reaching the top of the tower by using lighting strikes or various other acts of god. But, I was too lazy to make the art myself and I am terrible at creating art on a computer anyways.

Once again, congrats to everybody!
Svenjamin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement