Game programming all in one

Started by
7 comments, last by ryan554 16 years, 11 months ago
does anyone out there no where i mite be able to find a free copy of "Game Programming All in One" by Jonathan S. Harbour?
Advertisement
Your local library. If they don't have it, they can order it for it or get it from another library.
Ummm... library, bookstore, amazon.com, ebay? Did you even look for it?
TKE Super Dave
in relation to your comments about a bookstore and ebay/amazon i wanted a FREE copy and as far as i know they don't have it for FREE
I highly doubt you'd be able to find a free copy considering that there is already a 2nd edition out. So obviously it must be selling pretty good so I doubt they'd be giving away copies for free.
I'm sure you can get a pretty cheap copy on ebay if not you can probably get it amazon for almost 1/2 price at least that's how I got my copy.
And it's worth it if you want to make games in C and Allegro anyways.

[Edited by - daviangel on May 14, 2007 10:27:42 PM]
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
okay thanks. i didn't think so but it can't hurt to ask.
I was thinking about purchasing this book. Is it good?

Thanx.........BlueFox25
Quote:Original post by bluefox25

Thanx.........BlueFox25

You can download the book code at the author website to get an idea if the book is for you.
I found it easier than than trying to learn DirectX or Opengl for my games.
Also if you have any plans for your games to be cross platform ie mac,linux it's very helpful!
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Quote:Original post by bluefox25

Thanx.........BlueFox25

If you want to learn to make games in plain old C then yea its good.
Wanna help spread Firefox? http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=126078

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement