• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SilentFever

dijkstra pathing algorithm

This topic is 4057 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
It works by figuring out how to get from somewhere to other places.

If you want a more specific answer, you'll need to ask a more specific question.

[Google] is your friend! Heck, even the Wikipedia (which I personally loathe due to its lack of credible peer review) gives a decent explanation of Dijkstra's algorithm.

If, after reading references and explanations of an algorithm, you still have trouble understanding it, perhaps you could post your current understanding and specific questions and forum members would be happy to help you. Posting a request that just says "help me understand X" is not very useful, since it doesn't relate to us what your current level of understanding is... and no one is likely to go through a point by point explanation of the algorithm when so many explanations are already available online.

Regards,

Timkin

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!