• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AWilson

skybox clamping

This topic is 4228 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a skybox and am clamping it to remove the visable seams, but then the rest of my textures also clamp which looks awful. How would I go about only clamping my skybox(or atleast just the skybox images)?

Advertisement
Restore the pipeline configuration after you render your skybox [smile]

Each draw call will operate according to the pipeline configuration at the time it occurs, so much of the work (as you've probably seen) is about setting up the pipeline before the draw call. You just need to either restore the previous settings after rendering, or for each piece of rendering you do ensure you set up the states all over again as you can't guarantee what state the pipeline will be in...

hth
Jack

Quote:
Original post by AWilson
So how would you go about disabling the clamping texture address? (sorry, new to DX)

Set the texture addressing mode to something besides clamp AFTER you draw the skybox. Something like this (VB code):

mD3DDevice.SetTextureStageState 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSU, D3DTADDRESS_WRAP
mD3DDevice.SetTextureStageState 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSV, D3DTADDRESS_WRAP

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!