• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
luke101

Programming Languages

This topic is 4052 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for new programming languages similar to Ruby and Python. Do you guys know of any potentially popular language? Also, I am already aware of Lua.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by luke101
I am looking for new programming languages similar to Ruby and Python

there arn't any "new" languages similar to Ruby and Python,

well mabey boo, it's a sorta python like language that compiles to .net byte code

if you mean new to you Ruby and Python were strongly influenced by perl and smalltalk

So there aren't any new or emerging scripting languages out there? When I went to the bookstore the only scripting langueges that I seen that where practically new was Ruby and Python. I seen boo on wikipedia but I need something that is a full languages, increasing in popularity and not dependant on another.

If you told us what you need it for, perhaps we could be more helpful?

Also, if you write your own, then by definition it is increasing in popularity; from day -1 (0 users) to day 0 (1 user) its userbase increases by \infty percent!

hello..I am creating a list of the newest to oldest programming languages in the market..I will include a full profile on each one.

Quote:
Original post by luke101
hello..I am creating a list of the newest to oldest programming languages in the market..I will include a full profile on each one.

Would you consider FORTRAN to be one of the oldest (first commercial implementation in 1957 -- 50 years old this year! It could be your daddy!) or one of the newest (Fortran 2009 will be Fortran 2003 plus TC1 and TC2 plus additional extensions)?

Quote:
Original post by luke101
There is already a quite comprehensive list here. Wikipedia also has a list.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!