• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gamer11

making 2D or 3D animation on Blender

This topic is 4149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Gamer11
still need help
With what part of it? You've asked a very broad question and you've been given some very broad documentation.

Quote:
Original post by superpig
Quote:
Original post by Gamer11
still need help
With what part of it? You've asked a very broad question and you've been given some very broad documentation.

EVERYTHING
I DON"T KNOW WHAT ANYTHING MEANS ANS NEVER DONE ANIMATION BEFORE

yes, which part. Here is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY simple Blender Animation tutorial I will write right now.

Open Blender

Delete the default cube and create a plane and scale it.

Move the Camera to where it looks like it is First Person on the plane (think of a FPS Game).

Go to camera view and select the camera.

Now make a view in Blender a NLA editor

With the camera selected, press i->LocRot. Move the NLA editor to a different frame and move the camera somewhere else next. Insert another keyframe.

Repeat

You have just created a SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE animation.

EDIT: So it seems you need to learn Blender First. Check out the Introduction to Modeling tutorial in the summer documentation I linked to.

Chad.

Quote:
Original post by Chad Smith
yes, which part. Here is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY simple Blender Animation tutorial I will write right now.

Open Blender

Move the Camera to where it looks like it is First Person on the plane (think of a FPS Game).

With the camera selected, press i->LocRot. Move the NLA editor to a different frame and move the camera somewhere else next. Insert another keyframe.

Repeat

Chad.

Sory to say this but i dont know what any of that means i want to know how to make 2d games at first then 3d please help!

Wait? So you want to learn how to make games?

Blender is also used for 3D animation. Flash is a very good 2D animation software, except it is NOT free by any means. 2D animation is lots of time done frame by frame (flash uses stuff called tweens). I mean...you create a sprite...then create the same sprite moved a little bit. Do that over and over. Well...then again I am a programmer, and not an animator...only in school am I an animator.

If you want to make games, then you should learn how to program. there are FAR to MANY topics on this subject. Use the forums search forums and stuff. Simple searching will do it.

Chad.

Quote:
Original post by Chad Smith

Open Blender

Repeat

EDIT: So it seems you need to learn Blender First. Check out the Introduction to Modeling tutorial in the summer documentation I linked to.

Chad.

see the thing is i dont know how to make a plane.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!