making 2D or 3D animation on Blender

Started by
11 comments, last by Chad Smith 16 years, 11 months ago
how do you do 2D or 3D animation on blender? Completley new at this.
Advertisement
this should help

Blender Summer Documentation

Speaking of that...I need to get back to work on my final animation for my Digital Graphics class. Thanks for reminding me. hehe.

Chad.

still need help
Quote:Original post by Gamer11
still need help
With what part of it? You've asked a very broad question and you've been given some very broad documentation.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:Original post by superpig
Quote:Original post by Gamer11
still need help
With what part of it? You've asked a very broad question and you've been given some very broad documentation.

EVERYTHING
I DON"T KNOW WHAT ANYTHING MEANS ANS NEVER DONE ANIMATION BEFORE
yes, which part. Here is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY simple Blender Animation tutorial I will write right now.

Open Blender

Delete the default cube and create a plane and scale it.

Move the Camera to where it looks like it is First Person on the plane (think of a FPS Game).

Go to camera view and select the camera.

Now make a view in Blender a NLA editor

With the camera selected, press i->LocRot. Move the NLA editor to a different frame and move the camera somewhere else next. Insert another keyframe.

Repeat

You have just created a SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE animation.

EDIT: So it seems you need to learn Blender First. Check out the Introduction to Modeling tutorial in the summer documentation I linked to.

Chad.
Quote:Original post by Chad Smith
yes, which part. Here is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY simple Blender Animation tutorial I will write right now.

Open Blender

Move the Camera to where it looks like it is First Person on the plane (think of a FPS Game).

With the camera selected, press i->LocRot. Move the NLA editor to a different frame and move the camera somewhere else next. Insert another keyframe.

Repeat

Chad.

Sory to say this but i dont know what any of that means i want to know how to make 2d games at first then 3d please help!
like tetris
Wait? So you want to learn how to make games?

Blender is also used for 3D animation. Flash is a very good 2D animation software, except it is NOT free by any means. 2D animation is lots of time done frame by frame (flash uses stuff called tweens). I mean...you create a sprite...then create the same sprite moved a little bit. Do that over and over. Well...then again I am a programmer, and not an animator...only in school am I an animator.

If you want to make games, then you should learn how to program. there are FAR to MANY topics on this subject. Use the forums search forums and stuff. Simple searching will do it.

Chad.

Quote:Original post by Chad Smith

Open Blender

Repeat

EDIT: So it seems you need to learn Blender First. Check out the Introduction to Modeling tutorial in the summer documentation I linked to.

Chad.

see the thing is i dont know how to make a plane.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement